- 1.2. If you are an existing customer of ours, further details about how we use your personal information is set out in your customer contract with us. Further notices highlighting certain uses we wish to make of your personal information together with the ability to opt in or out of selected uses may also be provided when we collect personal information from you.
- 1.3. Our websites may contain links to other third party websites. If you follow a link to any of those third party websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies or processing of your personal information. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to such third party websites.
2. Information we may collect about you
- 2.1. We will collect, use and disclose (collectively, process) all or some of the following personal information about you on a legal ground (discussed below):
- (a) Information you provide to us
During interaction with our company, we may ask you to provide your personal information.
- (i) When you purchase, send for repair or return one of our products, we may ask you to provide information such as name, contact details, payment information including bank account details, corporate documents, your employee information and financial statement.
- (ii) When you contact us, we may keep information such as name, email address, phone number and name card. We may keep a record of your inquiry and our correspondence as well.
- (iii) We may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes. In such circumstances we may collect information such as name, date of birth, contact details and interests.
- (iv) When you create an account to use our online services, we may ask you to provide information such as name, date of birth, contact details, interests and newsletter preferences.
- (v) When you visit us, we may ask you to provide your personal information such as identification card, passport and medical certificate.
- (vi) When you attend our event or seminar, we may take your photos and videos during the event or seminar.
- (b) Information provided by other sources
We may collect your personal information from publicly available sources and third parties including, but not limited to, our customers and vendors.
- (c) Information collected for website and communication usage
Details of your visits to the websites and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies including, but not limited to, your IP address and domain name, your browser version and operating system, traffic data, location data, web logs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
- (a) Information you provide to us
3. Uses made of your personal information
- 3.1. In this section, we set out the purposes for which we use personal information that we collect and, in compliance with our obligations under Thai personal data protection law, identify the "legal grounds" on which we rely to process the information. Without your personal information, we may not be able to undertake the intended actions for the purposes below, e.g. we may not be able to enter into a contract with you or your corporate entity.
- 3.2. These "legal grounds" are set out in the Personal Data Protection Act, B.E. 2562 (2019), which allows companies to process personal data only when the processing is permitted by the specific "legal grounds" set out in law (the full description of each of these grounds can be found here).
- 3.3. Please note that in addition to the processing we have identified below, we may disclose personal information for the purposes we explain in this notice to service providers, contractors, agents, advisors (e.g. legal, financial, business or other advisors) and affiliates of our company that perform activities on our behalf, as well as other members of the Mitsubishi Electric group.
- (a) To communicate effectively with you and conduct our business
To conduct our business, including to respond to your queries, to otherwise communicate with you, or to carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered or to be entered into between you and us;
contract performance, legitimate interest (to enable us to perform our obligations and provide our services to you)
- (b) To provide you with marketing materials
To provide you with updates and offers, where you have chosen to receive these. We may also use your information for marketing our own and our selected business partners’ products and services to you by post, email, SMS, phone and fax and, where required by law, we will ask for your consent at the time we collect your data to conduct any of these types of marketing. We will obtain your consent for the electronic marketing communication prior to doing so.
consent (to keep you updated with news in relation to our products and services)
- (c) For research and development purposes
To analyze your personal information in order to better understand your and our other clients’ services and marketing requirements, to better understand our business and develop our products and services;
legitimate interest (to allow us to improve our services)
- (d) To monitor certain activities
To monitor queries and transactions to ensure service quality, compliance with procedures and to combat fraud;
legal obligations, legal claims, legitimate interest (to ensure that the quality and legality of our services)
- (e) To inform you of changes
To notify you about changes to our services and products;
legitimate interest (to notify you about changes to our service)
- (f) To ensure website content is relevant
To ensure that content from our websites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device, which may include passing your data to business partners, suppliers and/or service providers;
legitimate interest (to allow us to provide you with the content and services on the websites)
- (g) To reorganize or make changes to our business
In the event that we: (i) are subject to negotiations for the sale of our business or part thereof to a third party; (ii) are sold to a third party; or (iii) undergo a re-organization, we may need to transfer some or all of your personal information to the relevant third party (or its advisors) as part of any due diligence process for the purpose of analyzing any proposed sale or re-organization. We may also need to transfer your personal information to that re-organized entity or third party after the sale or reorganization for them to use for the same purposes as set out in this policy.
legitimate interest (in order to allow us to change our business)
- (h) In connection with legal or regulatory obligations
We may process your personal information to comply with our regulatory requirements or dialogue with regulators as applicable which may include disclosing your personal information to third parties, the court service and/or regulators or law enforcement agencies in connection with enquiries, proceedings or investigations by such parties anywhere in the world or where compelled to do so. Where permitted, we will direct any such request to you or notify you before responding unless to do so would prejudice the prevention or detection of a crime.
legal obligations, legal claims, legitimate interest (to cooperate with law enforcement and regulatory authorities)
- (a) To communicate effectively with you and conduct our business
4. Transmission, storage and security of your personal information
Security over the internet
- 4.1. No data transmission over the Internet or website can be guaranteed to be secure from intrusion. However, we maintain commercially reasonable physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information in accordance with data protection legislative requirements.
- 4.2. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers located in Thailand, Singapore and Japan and accessed and used subject to our security policies and standards. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential and for complying with any other security procedures that we notify you of. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Export outside Thailand
- 4.4. Where we transfer personal information from Thailand to outside Thailand, we may be required to take specific additional measures to safeguard the relevant personal information. Certain countries outside the Thailand may be approved by the Personal Data Protection Commission as providing essentially equivalent protections to Thai data protection laws. In countries which have not had these approvals, we will establish legal grounds justifying such transfer, such as your consent, or other legal grounds permitted by applicable legal requirements.
- 4.5. Please contact us at dpo_ME-TH@asia.meap.com if you would like to see a copy of the specific safeguards applied to the export of your personal information.
- 4.6. Our retention periods for personal information are based on business needs and legal requirements. We retain personal information for as long as is necessary for the processing purpose(s) for which the information was collected, and any other permissible, related purpose. For example, we may retain certain transaction details and correspondence until the time limit for claims arising from the transaction has expired, or to comply with regulatory requirements regarding the retention of such data. When personal information is no longer needed, we either irreversibly anonymize the data (and we may further retain and use the anonymized information) or securely destroy the data.
5. Your rights & contacting us
- 5.1. For the purpose of making the online marketing on our websites tailored to your needs or interests, we use automated decision-making technologies that tracks information such as browsing history on our websites, links you click on our emails, or mobile applications you use.
- 5.2. You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes including above. From time to time, we will inform you if we intend to use your information for certain types of marketing activities, or if we intend to disclose your information to certain categories of third parties for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by not checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your personal information. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at dpo_ME-TH@asia.meap.com.
- 5.3. We will use reasonable endeavors to ensure that your personal information is accurate. In order to assist us with this, you should notify us of any changes to the personal information that you have provided to us by contacting at dpo_ME-TH@asia.meap.com.
- 5.4. If you have any questions in relation to our use of your personal information, you should first contact us at dpo_ME-TH@asia.meap.com. Under certain conditions, you may have the right to require us to:
- (a) provide you with access to your information and provide you with a copy of such information;
- (b) provide you with your information and transfer your information in machine-readable format to other data controller;
- (c) update any inaccuracies in the personal information we hold (please see paragraph 5.3);
- (d) delete any personal information that we no longer have a lawful ground to use;
- (e) where processing is based on consent, to withdraw your consent so that we stop that particular processing (see paragraph 5.1 for marketing);
- (f) object to any processing based on the legitimate interest ground unless our reasons for undertaking that processing outweigh any prejudice to your data protection rights; and
- (g) restrict how we use your information in certain cases (e.g. whilst a complaint is being investigated).
- 5.5. Your exercise of these rights is subject to certain legal exemptions. If you exercise any of these rights, we will check your entitlement and respond in most cases within a month.
- 5.6. If you are not satisfied with our use of your personal information or our response to any exercise of these rights you have the right to complain to the Office of the Personal Data Protection Commission.
- 5.7. Mitsubishi Electric Asia (Thailand) Co. Ltd. is the data controller of your personal information under this policy.
- 5.8. If you have any questions in relation to this policy, please contact us at dpo_ME-TH@asia.meap.com.
- 5.9. If you would like to contact our Data Protection Officer, please contact at dpo_ME-TH@asia.meap.com.
6. Cookies policy
Use of personal information under Thai data protection laws must be justified under one of a number of legal "grounds" and we are required to set out the grounds in respect of each use in this policy. We note the grounds we use to justify each use of your information next to the use in the "Uses of your personal information" section of this policy.
These are the principal legal grounds that justify our use of your information:
- where you have consented to our use of your information (you will have been presented with a consent form in relation to any such use and may withdraw your consent by contacting us at dpo_ME-TH@asia.meap.com.)
- Contract performance:
- where your information is necessary to enter into or perform our contract with you.
- Legal obligation:
- where we need to use your information to comply with our legal obligations.
- Legitimate interest:
- where we use your information to achieve a legitimate interest and our reasons for using it outweigh any prejudice to your data protection rights.
- Legal claims:
- where your information is necessary for us to defend, prosecute or make a claim against you, us or a third party.